So you’ve decided that the New Year is coming up and it’s time to make a resolution? Well for many of us the New Year is the time to make a positive change in our lives and ensure that we are really achieving our potential and giving new things a try.
As a regular gym-goer I know that the new year is the #1 time for people to start giving exercise a go, in fact January is usually the month I take off the gym because there are that many people with new years’ resolutions that it’s near impossible to get on the equipment! But if you are looking for a way to keep fit and beat the crowds then why not take a casual stroll with a four-legged friend?
Dogs love walks. Fact. In fact walking your dog plays a crucial role in ensuring that they are able to maintain a healthy lifestyle right the year round. If you are thinking about trying something a little different then here are five popular suggestions for dogs that simply love the outdoors:
- The local park – a chance to meet fellow dogs combined with the ability to run around a lovely grassy area (and the chance for you to take a seat) means that the local park can be a great option. Not too far from home and usually very well-maintained, this can be a great way for your dog to run around without you having to trek too far
- Around the neighbourhood – take your dog for a stroll around the block. Let your dog meet the neighbours and the other neighbourhood dogs while you really get to know your surroundings. You don’t have to travel too far from home and when it starts raining, you don’t have too far to run home
- Out in the country – with endless rolling hills and simply heaps of space, your dog will love a trip out into the country. Breathe in that lovely clean country air and really get to grips with nature, in turn your dog will embrace a new environment and have lots of fun at the same time
- Around to a friend’s house – do you have a friend who has a dog or simply loves yours? Dogs love to play with other dogs and even with other humans so if you know someone who wants to give your dog some attention, indulge your dog and allow them to play
- To a local point of interest – if you are trying to broaden your knowledge then a trip down to a local point of interest can not only be interesting for you, but it can also be a great way to get your dog out of the house. Essentially, you both win.
Taking your dog for a walk is not only a great way to get yourself out of the house, but it also is a great way to keep your dog fit and help them from developing injuries. The exercise will help to leave your dog feeling fit and healthy and prevent you from having to seek Dog Pain Relief for dogs that don’t receive the right amount of exercise throughout the year. In turn, taking your dog for a walk can be a major benefit to both your health and the health of your dog.
Category: Dog Care